Senior Vice President / Chief Financial Officer
Are you ready to move from success to significance?
Operation Mobilization USA, a metro Atlanta-based (Tyrone) nonprofit, seeks a proactive and insightful SVP / CFO. He or she will lead a team of three directors who oversee all finance, accounting, and project management operations. OM has over 6800 missionaries in 118 countries, including 600 from OM USA. Position reports to the CEO.
Successful candidate must be a vibrant, intentional follower of Christ, in fellowship in a local church, and in agreement with OM’s statement of faith. He or she will be energetic, relational, and recognized as an agent for positive change.
- Strategic planning: Lead the strategic planning process, in collaboration with the CEO and Leadership Team, to double the number of missionaries deployed around the globe. Advise leadership on financial issues and legal risks. Liaise with the OM international finance organization in matters of global finance and best practices.
- Financial planning and business development. Oversee financial planning and business development activities to drive financial results. Manage entrepreneurial activities already underway. Identify broad opportunities for alternative revenue sources. Provide council for other entrepreneurial activities of OM USA as needed.
- Forecasting and budgeting: Provide strong financial stewardship. Lead development of the operating budget. Oversee the budget plan, and monitor expenditures against plan. Contribute to the development of capital improvement budgets with cost justifications. Prioritize capacity-building investments.
- General ledger, reporting and treasury: Build scalable, efficient, and well-controlled financial reporting practices. Oversee the GL and treasury functions. Produce required internal and external reporting. Provide analyses, trend reports, and other forms of support. Research and interpret data to answer inquiries from leadership.
- ompliance and controls: Ensure financial operations and policies are in compliance with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), GAAP, federal, and state regulations based on guidelines provided by the CFO and Board of Directors. Manage relationship with external auditors and with the ECFA.
- Risk management: Assess business and financial risks, recommend policies and procedures to mitigate risks, and manage relationships with insurers to ensure appropriate risk coverage for property, liability, and D&O. Optimize investment returns while ensuring compliance with board-authorized investment policies.
- Project management: Oversee the Project Management Office (PMO). Play a key role in the ERP implementation. Assess projects for ROI. Recommend and implement solutions to that improve departmental and organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality – to drive improved decision-making by OM USA leadership.
- Heart: Passion for global missions – to reach the unreached and forgotten in the name of Christ.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. MBA, CPA or CMA strongly preferred.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in a related executive role, especially more strategic roles in nonprofits.
- Skills: Outstanding leadership, collaboration, strategic planning, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Technology: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel power user) and ERP systems.
Send résumé and cover letter to dave [at] ofarrellcm.com.
Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- How do you meet the specific responsibilities of the position?
- How have you integrated your faith into everyday contexts?