Honda Patents & Technologies North America, LLC protects Honda’s intellectual property assets and defends Honda companies in intellectual property litigation in North America.
- Mining data resources to develop and provide analytical insight to management via template and ad hoc reports on internal business operations performance and efficiency and to provide trend analysis and reporting related to a wide range of technologies across industries of interest to Honda
- Assist in the development and execution of data quality checks and procedures to ensure data integrity, will provide user training to ensure optimal and efficient use of databases, and will collaborate with vendors and IT specialists to support database networking, upgrades, and application development and deployment, etc.
- Develop and track reports for our management team to analyze how we are meeting our clients expectations.
- Collaborate with attorneys and management to verify their impact through data
- Pull ad-hoc reports and build reports to support the patent process
- Build trending reports and forecasts for the impact of patent decisions
- Drive analytics projects requiring collaboration with business stakeholders from beginning to end
- Define, implement and standardize metrics, reports and dashboards for the business
- Deliver key metrics, reports and dashboard with interpretation; contribute to the development of hypotheses and actions.
- Generate follow-up questions with stakeholders, refines data findings and interpret again to drive data backed insight
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders on what data to capture, how to map data needs to business questions, and how to prioritize analysis work while partnering with other data experts to execute
- Work with and maximize the effective use of external data resources; introduce new data resources that may be useful to Honda.
- Assist in cleaning up data migration and entry errors as found during data analysis.
- BA in Data Analytics or related field
- Prior experience with data mining and analytics, and designing, developing and presenting graphical reports
- Experience with patent data or familiarity with the patent process (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and ability to build statistical models
- Excellent command of SQL, VBA, Access and Excel
- Strong analytical and detail oriented mindset
- Ability to explain analytical results and their meaning orally and in writing to a non-technical person
- Understand the Anaqua data warehouse schema and become proficient in extracting data from it via SQL
This position does not cover relocation
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Please apply on-line at www.honda.com Job # HPT00000R