Digital Signal Processing Engineer (Glass)
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As an experienced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) engineer, you will design and integrate audio algorithms into new products.
- Design in-house algorithms for microphone and speaker processing.
- Integrate third-party algorithms on existing platforms.
- Design audio algorithm and gain staging schemes for consumer audio products.
- Assist Audio team in prototyping and validating hardware and algorithms.
- BS degree in EE/CS or relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in hands-on signal processing development.
- Experience in audio signal processing concepts: FFT, filters, limiters, windows, SRCs, gain staging, etc.
- Experience in C++, CSR Kalimba.
- MS or PhD degree.
- Experience writing MATLAB simulations of algorithms.
- Experience with assembly coding.
- Working knowledge of spatial audio concepts: HRTF measurement and processing, multi-microphone processing.
- Signal processing knowledge for speech.
- Familiarity with general audio concepts such as frequency response, distortion, polar patterns, and speech quality metrics.
The Google Glass division is a world-class team focused on the cutting edge of hardware, software and industrial design. It is charged with pioneering, developing, building and launching smart eyewear and other related products in line with Google's ambitious and visionary objectives.
Mountain View (Global HQ)
Want to stop talking about changing the world and actually do it? At Google Mountain View, our global headquarters, we make products for hundreds of millions of users around the world that change the ways they create, share, communicate, collaborate and do business.
Learn more about our Mountain View global headquarters
Develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions interact.
Learn more about our Software Engineering roles