Data Science Research Strategist (88938)
a leading provider of insurance and other financial services to individual and
institutional customers, is seeking a Data Science Research Strategist in New
Beyond meaningful and challenging work, MetLife provides a variety of flexible work arrangements, as well as a tuition reimbursement program, competitive benefits, and retirement and pension plans. MetLife’s responsiveness to the needs of both clients and employees is a direct result of one of the core company values– People Count!
Major Duties and Functions Include:
This role is in the Science of Marketing Department, a new area within the Global Brand & Marketing line of business responsible for defining global standards and conducting global research for customer insights, customer segmentation, marketing measurement and tracking.
This area and role will perform work related to:
- The design, development and execution of big data and analytics solutions aligned against operational and strategic data problems with a focus on marketing, communications and consumer experience design.
- The building of internal capabilities in the areas of insights, research and data analysis to better serve our businesses, regions and countries.
- Research, data mining, predictive modeling and business analytics projects.
- Conduct research using leading edge statistical, data mining and predictive analytics tools.
- Builds or manages complex level statistical and data mining models.
- Assist in the assessment of key data sources.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to understand their business hypotheses; scope data science work appropriately based on this analysis to drive their objectives.
- Project work that deliver both tactical and strategic marketing insights to drive business results.
- Translate complex data into easily understood concepts for business utilization.
- Collect, analyze data for its use to and drive actionable and clear recommendations to the Business.
- Leverage data science tools and techniques to analyze large data sets to develop and customize models/algorithms used uncover trends, patterns and insights in the data.
- Assist in the integration of traditional insights for the development of more holistic and complete recommendations.
- Participate in the development of processes and approaches to improve the effectiveness and visibility of data science.
- Partner with IT and other ‘analytics’ areas to develop best in class processes and techniques to leverage data science across MetLife.
- Builds strong working relations and improves workflow and organizational issues.
Data Analytics Skills (considerations):
- Conceptual modeling: ability to share and articulate modeling.
- Statistical analysis: ability to understand and work around possible limitations in models.
- Predictive modeling: ability to utilize predictive analysis for future outcomes to address business problems.
- Hypothesis testing: being able to develop hypothesis and test them with careful experiments.
- Data visualization: creative in displaying information visually and making the patterns they find clear and compelling to business partners.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Math, Finance, Science as well as any other related field of expertise.
- 3+ years of experience developing algorithms and predictive models to address and solve business problems.
- 3+ years of experience in business/data setting with experience in data analysis, data stewardship, data modeling.
- Strong working knowledge of advanced data mining tools.
- Focuses on Customers, produces results.
Work shouldn’t be something you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction…and an opportunity to make a difference.
MetLife… where work meets life!
Do YOU have what it takes to join a Major Force in Financial Services: Investments, Financial Advice and Insurance?
If so respond TODAY!
For immediate consideration, please APPLY ONLINE to submit your resume!
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law.