Lead Data Analyst/Modeler
DST is hiring a Lead Data Analyst/Modeler who will provide data design and data enablement services for the consulting division of DST’s new big data and data analytics business unit (the GIG – Global Insight Group)
A Lead Data Analyst / Data Modeler is responsible for all data related aspects of a project that requires new or changed data. This includes working as a contributing member of multiple concurrent projects, working with Data Architects in understanding architectural directions, gathering and analyzing business data requirements, data modeling and designing data structures that align with data architecture goals and coordinating with DBA’s who perform the physical implementation.
- Perform an enablement role to facilitate data scientists in locating, understanding and selecting the appropriate DST data.
- Model and design operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts that support analytics.
- Provide data integration and design expertise that will lead to the appropriate linking and integration of data from different source systems.
- Understand and translate business and data requirements into logical & physical data models in support of OLTP, Operational Data Stores, data warehouses and data marts
- Create and maintain excellent data documentation that allows the data to be understood and leveraged for additional use
- Ensure that data designs follow architectural directions
- Ensure design reflects appropriate business rules
- Facilitate data integration, data conformity and data integrity
- Ensure data structures are designed for flexibility to support future business needs and enhancements
- Consult with business and technical associates, to facilitate the understanding and use of existing data and ensure existing data is reused whenever possible.
A Successful Candidate will have the following:
- Business orientation and strong analytic ability to derive and translate data designs from business concepts
- Experience in developing, promoting and rolling out new data functions
- Experience and/or training in Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Excellent organization skills
- Possess the ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously , in a fast-paced environment
- Superior skills to communicate (both verbal and written) at various levels within an organization
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills along with a strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years related experience or equivalent combination thereof
For more information on this position, contact BSantaMaria@dstsystems.com