Career Opportunity: Sr. Data Scientist
DST’s Global Insight Group (‘the GIG’) is a diverse collection of talents, experiences and expertise brought together to help our clients make better sense of their data in an increasingly data-driven world. As a trusted partner, we harness advanced analytical techniques and “Big Data” technologies to deliver actionable insights and drive profitable business interactions.
We are currently hiring a Sr Data Scientist to join our newly established Customer Engagement Agency (within DST) based out of Kansas City. From the development of hosted solutions, delivery of consulting projects and design of customer engagement programs, we offer a comprehensive range of capabilities to help DST clients create value from their data and improve their engagement with customers.
Sr. Data Scientists perform moderately complex statistical analysis on business/customer data and identify, analyze, interpret, and validate trends and patterns to locate influences and uncover business opportunities or solutions to business problems. They work on customer analysis and business reporting projects including experimental design, designing analysis and campaign frameworks, retail sales analysis, campaign response analysis, and ROI modeling. They deliver statistical models such as segmentation, regression and other propensity models, decision trees, and other mathematical models. Sr. Data Scientists Analysts deliver and present analysis findings to customers both verbally and in written reports. They assist customers and internal groups to commission, understand, and leverage analysis projects to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their business activity. Sr. Data Scientists possess knowledge and experience with data analytics activities and demonstrate moderate skills with high level of proficiency. They possess solid understanding of the business area and its supporting technology.
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing Analysis, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years customer analysis experience
- Experience delivering analysis that has driven profitable outcomes. This will include the following: customer segmentations, predictive analysis, campaign targeting, response analysis, customer insight reporting
- Experience with CRM and Data Mining technologies (e.g., Alterian, Portrait, Neolane, or Unica)
- Prior success with the creation and deployment of BI reports using technologies such as: Information Builders, Tableau, SSRS or similar
- Solid understanding of SPSS, SAS, SQL, R or other statistical package (SPSS HIGHLY preferred)
- Prior work experience within an agency or professional services environment
For more information on this position, contact BSantaMaria@dstsystems.com