Career Opportunity: Senior Machine Learning Scientist
DST has petabytes of structured and unstructured data and needs Machine Learning Scientists to implement and troubleshoot data processing and insight generation algorithms at massive scale. These algorithms will generate predictive scoring and next best action recommendations and leverage many data sources across a number of industries. Machine Learning Scientists work closely with Data Scientists to identify and tune analytic algorithms, and work closely with Data Platform Engineers to deploy analytic jobs against Hadoop and other massive data stores.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-graduate degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on probabilistic artificial intelligence.
- Excellent Java skills, including a robust understanding of concurrency and common design patterns.
- Familiarity with common patterns of distributed computing such as MapReduce and graph processing.
- Strong working knowledge and experience working with Hadoop and MapReduce.
- Experience working with streaming analytic frameworks such as Storm and Spark Streaming.
- Excellent understanding of common machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, k-means and k-nn, latent semantic hashing, Bayesian classification, random forests, and neural networks.
- Experience using NLP for classification and information extraction.
- Working knowledge of computer vision algorithms.
- Communication skills sufficient to describe analytic approaches to colleagues.
- Deep passion for continuous learning and for building great software.
For more information on this position, contact BSantaMaria@dstsystems.com