As the financial freeze begins to thaw and banks start opening their doors to small businesses once more, how will you navigate the changing atmosphere to secure the funding your company needs?
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), oftentimes burdened with dropping real estate values and shakier credit profiles, have faced tremendous difficulty in recent years getting financing from banks. As this trend slowly begins to reverse, banks are taking their own initiatives to reach out to small businesses, while federal legislation favors financing for SMBs.
This CFO Handbook examines the challenges facing small businesses seeking financing and how the changing climate can benefit these companies. The money is out there; you just need to know where to look and how to form the best strategy to get it.
Topics covered in Unlocking Capital include:
- Why small businesses have faced difficulty in obtaining funding from banks;
- An overview of why the revised liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) standards are a big relief for SMBs;
- What big banks are doing to reach out to small businesses and how this change benefits businesses seeking loans;
- How the JOBS Act makes it easier for companies to raise equity without the SEC or go public with less hassle;
- An analysis of new programs aimed at providing funding to small businesses and how you can access these funds;
- Steps you can take to strengthen your relationship with your bank.