In a rapidly changing economic environment, it has become the CFO’s job to provide much more than numbers. Nowhere is this role more pivotal than in resource-challenged small and midsize companies, where a misstep can lead to a dangerous fall.
This CFO Handbook explores the chief financial officer’s changing identity at growth companies and shares tools and tips that we have learned from more than ten years of studying small and midsize organizations. As CFOs like you have supplemented their traditional duties with more critical financial and strategic challenges, you continue to seize growth opportunities—from finding the right banking partner to establishing an office abroad.
Topics covered in Think Big include:
- Why the finance function’s role has grown so much and how to handle it
- Why it’s so hard for you to find the right bank and new financing sources and alternatives you should consider
- How companies like yours are dipping their toe into global expansion, whether by establishing a global outpost or working with international suppliers
- What working-capital and cash management challenges to take on next
- Rising health care and employee benefits costs and how to combat them
- Tips on how to avoid getting swamped at tax time
- Data security considerations for your growing business