Smartphones are no longer simply a means for communication but have now gained countless other capabilities, including the ability to accept and submit payments on the go. What does this new surge in mobile payments mean for the future of your company?
As consumers become increasingly attached to their phones and crave time efficiency to an extreme, the few seconds that mobile payments can shave off of traditional transaction times become immensely appealing and valuable. Aside from the benefits to hurried consumers, mobile payments also offer companies the opportunity to gather data about the spending habits of their customers.
This CFO eBrief is designed to help finance officials prepare for the emerging market of mobile payments systems, exploring benefits and challenges that companies will face in the coming years. Where are these mobile payment systems headed and what can the CFO do now to stay ahead in the marketplace?
Topics covered in Making Sense of Mobile Payments include:
- Existing mobile payment technology and how companies are adapting this for their businesses today;
- Why CFOs should implement mobile payments systems to gather customer data for marketing and product planning;
- Insight from CFOs on how they plan to tackle mobile payments in the coming years;
- What is in store for new mobile payment technology;
- How mobile payments can cause fraud risk.