Sure the Cloud looks appealing: easy set-up, low costs, flexibility. But do you really know if Cloud is right for your company?
As the Cloud goes mainstream, many CFOs have high hopes for what it will achieve for their company. They think they are done with expensive ERP, can eliminate the CIO role, and can easily be switched out down the road for the next big thing. But that is not the case.
CFOs must understand what their organization needs first, then choose a cloud system and provider to fit—not vice-versa. How will the price structure offered really translate based on how your organization plans to use it? What happens if you want to move providers in the future? How difficult will it be to move your legacy data? And what legal conundrums could result from data stored on third-party servers?
Topics covered in Conquering the Cloud include:
- What you need to know about the Cloud before you go any further
- What options to consider when evaluating cloud offerings
- Are the savings you envision a mirage?
- Why CFOs are in the best position to make decisions on cloud investments
- Risks to consider: Keeping your data safe
- The effect of the Cloud on your relationship with your CIO (No, Cloud won’t get rid of them.)
- Real cost considerations of cloud services—from pricing structures to tax implications