Cloud computing has the potential to revolutionize the use of technology at any company, altering the traditional cost structure and IT function in doing so.
As the cloud gains momentum, rapidly seeping into the business world, CFOs must take an active role in any plans for implementation. The cloud, when properly implemented, offers potential growth in productivity with falling costs. The CFO must look beyond this appealing facade and ask the right questions to ensure that a switch to cloud computing occurs smoothly, with maximal ROI and minimal risk.
This CFO Playbook examines the considerations that the CFO must take into account when deciding to move forward with cloud computing, from cost analysis to vendor selection and risk management, equipping the CFO with the necessary tools to move his/her company safely into the new age of technology.
Topics covered in Clearing the Air include:
- An overview of cloud as a service and how it could make a difference for your business;
- How cloud can cut technology costs and how to analyze these costs;
- Why cloud should involve the CFO rather than falling only to IT;
- What are some potential risks, from shadow IT to litigation concerns;
- How to get started with the cloud renovation project.
CFO Playbooks are a series of eBooks designed to complement our CFO Playbook webcasts. Click here to register and attend our CFO Playbook webcast on cloud computing.